Tuesday 17 May 2016

OUGD505 - Brief 02 - Research - Painted Dumpsters

I came across these interesting pieces of street art. Dumpsters are found all over the world, but in American they have become the focus of political and cultural freedom. People have been painting some pretty radical political messages in recent times, some of which directly link to the issues I have been investigating in this brief. Other messages tackle more current, pressing affairs, including the upcoming presidential election. I like the concept of using a public artefact such as a bin as a platform to spread certain campaigning messages. This could be viewed guerilla tactics. I think the posters I have been designing could be distributed in this way, stuck to the sides of large bins and household wheelie bins. This would raise awareness in a subtle way, as it wouldn't be ramming the content down the neck of the target audiences. Guerilla advertising really interests me and work perfectly in terms of distribution for my campaign. 




No comments:

Post a Comment