Sunday 15 May 2016

OUGD505 - Brief 02 - Primary Research - Salford Zine Library

I paid a visit to the Salford Zine Library in Manchester. This is such a hidden gem, filled to the brim with unique and independent zines from around the world. It's free and you can sit there for hours flicking through such a wide variety of zines which tackle issues ranging from feminism to general politics, mental health to climate change. There were also a lot of comics and artistic zines which I found refreshing. I struggled to find a zine which tackled similar issues to those I am examining in this brief, however I did benefit in terms of visual and aesthetic inspiration, I came away feel inspired and motivated to create zines for this brief and future briefs which I found really exciting. I will defintiely be returning to gain further influence. 











No comments:

Post a Comment