Monday 21 March 2016

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Monotype - Additional Touchpoint Development

I worked very quickly to develop the zine's aesthetic. It was simply a case of formatting all of the appropriate words and phrases into a consistent layout. The booklet follows a simple formula. It first introduces the cause, spelling out to the reader the exact dangers and wider issues associated with labelling and stereotyping within society. It then goes onto describe the various types of labelling that are present in society and how to keep an eye out for them. Finally, the zine offers the reader a list of tips and pieces of useful advice on how to metaphorically 'unpin the badges'.

Aesthetically, I chose to use a range of five different colours which I directly sampled from an image of a collection of retro feminist badges. I really like the colours as a combination, they compliment each other beautifully and retain a retro quality whilst still feeling quite contemporary. The typefaces used are all authentic and represent a retro aesthetic. I chose to use a lot of black mainly in the background to add depth and further contrast. Perhaps there is a little bit too much black, I am going to take these experiments to a crit to get their opinion on the aesthetic choices. I am pleased with the layout of the content and the tone of voice of the body copy that I wrote myself, all that needs to be refined is the composition of the layouts and the colour choices. 









No comments:

Post a Comment