Saturday 20 February 2016

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Secret 7 - Visual Inspiration

I tried to think as conceptually as I could with this brief, so when I listened to Imagine By John Lennon, I thought it would be an interesting concept to explore microscopic imagery of the human body, as this song is ultimately about the human experience. The lyrics may be about society, emotions, loneliness and so on, but I didn't want to try and represent the lyrics. I wanted to represent what was at the very core of the song. 

I looked online at some amazing imagery of parts of the human body under a microscope. Some of the imagery literally looks like abstract pieces of artwork in their own right. I was really inspired by the fantastic natural forms and colours produced from the microscopic imaging process. I know that these colours aren't natural, but they are vibrant and eye catching and I think would work perfectly in a digital collage. I have a great book titled 'Heaven and Earth' which is packed full of high quality microscopic imagery. I am going to scan in some of the best, most unusual images and manipulate them digitally. 








This is what bone marrow making blood looks like.

These are adrenaline crystals.

These are insulin crystals.

No comments:

Post a Comment