Monday 30 November 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Individual Practice - Penguin Random House - Informal Feedback

We had numerous informal feedback sessions for responsive which I found beneficial to my development throughout this module. For this brief in particular, feedback was essential because I was designing for a very specific target audience, using quite sensitive imagery. I received a lot of feedback from female members of my class as well as tutors. People seemed to like the conceptual element to the designs, saying that it was subtle and funny which is what I was going for. People did say that I needed to be considerate and tasteful with the illustrations and placement of certain elements of the design. This was an obvious consideration that was in the back of my mind, but it was useful receiving this valid feedback.

I didn't want my designs to come off as cheap or offensive, that would be the last thing I was going for. If anything, I chose to include depictions of the female body to celebrate femininity and empower women, or at least that's what I thought the book was about. People in the crit group advised me to be considerate and careful with the illustrations, reminding me of the importance of keeping it tasteful, something I obviously wanted to achieve.




No comments:

Post a Comment