Friday 9 October 2015

OUGD504 - Brief 02 - Contacting the Client

The brief mentions that it isn't mandatory to contact the Kickstarter project manager, however, I thought it would be a good idea to. By doing this, I am getting myself used to working with a client and preparing myself for entering the commercial side of the Graphic Design industry. Below is the message that I sent to the 'client':

Dear Tim,

My name is Cameron Wolfe. I am a second year student on the BA Graphic Design course at Leeds College of Art. This week we were given a brief which involved us selecting a Kickstarter project of our choice to develop a logo for, and I selected your project! I really like the sound of your proposal and would love to know if you had any ideas in mind of how you would like a logo for the farm to look? Would there be any specific requirements?

We were given quite a short amount of time to generate designs within the context of the course. However I have produced a number of initial logo designs which I can show you on request, and they can be developed and altered to suit your needs, should you decide to use them in the future.

I wish you the best of luck with your venture. It would be great to hear back from you if you have the time.

You can contact me on my personal email address: example@hotmail.co.uk

Or call my mobile: ***********

Many thanks,


Cameron 

Within a few hours of sending the first message I received a reply from Tim:


Hi Cameron.
I've not really thought of a logo but you are welcome to make one. I would probably go for a cartoon style sheep on some grass.
Tim
I was really pleased to receive a reply. I messaged him back asking if he would like to see the designs I have produced so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment