Thursday 12 March 2015

OUGD406 - Brief 03 - Initial Branding and Poster Concepts

We decided as a group to name the exhibition 'PRINT' because we felt that the content of the exhibition should of course be the main focus. We felt as a group that we wanted the branding to be very colourful and bold and eye catching. I did some initial ideas myself using Photoshop and then presented them back to my group for feedback. People liked my use of colour but didn't really like the type choice and I can see why. It's a bit childish and garish and not as refined as I think we wanted it to be.




\So I experimented with various other type choices and colour schemes. 






I then did some very quick poster mock ups which I like and the rest of my group like, however they are very embryonic and will need a lot of development. The main concept behind these designs is to convey the actions and processes associated with screen printing. The lines represent the tools used to drag the inks across the screens and I have only used two colours to represent the two colour separation process used to create and producer the posters in the first place. 








No comments:

Post a Comment