Sunday 29 November 2015

OUGD503 - Brief 01 - Individual Practice - Penguin Book Research

The book that I am designing for is published by Penguin, who are renowned for their classic cover design. In recent years, they have published numerous books that have much more contemporary feels to them aesthetically. I find this very inspiring and think that my designs for How To Be a Woman should be contemporary whilst drawing reference from classic designs from the past. I want to keep the illustration and use of type true and simple to give the new cover design an updated, contemporary feel.


I came across some witty designs, where someone has redesigned the Harry Potter series in the style of Penguin classics, I found them quite entertaining and inspiring.



Penguin and Puffin book covers are still relevent in 2015, and modern designers still draw influences from the classic designs, something that I am attempting to do in this brief myself.










No comments:

Post a Comment