Tuesday 17 February 2015

OUGD406 - Brief 02 - Experimentation

I experimented digitally after I had done my initial sketches for this brief. The concept behind these inital design ideas was to think quite literally and use obvious semiotics. Simon always tells us to try and get rid of all our 'obvious' ideas and concepts at the start of any brief to avoid being same y or safe with our design treatments, and I think that this is a great way to go about designing, especially for a brief as open as this. So I took Simon's advice and did that.  Personally I think the pointing finger designs are quite successful, even though they are a bit obvious in some ways. Visually they are strong and communicate the ideas within the book well. 





Here I was trying to think quite inside the box but still keep the design minimal and effective. I quite like this design but its boring and couldn't really be taken much further.


I then tried purely typographic treatments which are fairly successful but again very obvious to me.




I then switched it up a bit and introduced some colour into the mix which didn't really work so I abandoned these designs quite quickly. 







No comments:

Post a Comment