Sunday 30 November 2014

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 4 - Poster Development

Initial ideas and concepts

I ran behind with this brief, so once I had my initial concept, which was based around mythical trolls, I ran with it and didn't really venture too far from it. In some ways you could say I limited myself but I like to see an idea through and in the circumstances I found myself in I didn't really have much choice.

I began by pushing the ideas forward surrounding the Queen being mocked, drawing visual inspiration from my research. These designs were a bit rushed but I was jut pushing ideas around. The brief restricted me to using only two colours, so I looked at using complementing colours which create brilliant levels of contrast. I repeated the troll face over and over to create a 'background' for the initial poster designs. In hindsight this probably wasn't the best of ideas for a few reasons, the main one being recognisability. Not everyone is familiar with internet memes and therefore the message could be lost a bit in the context of the wider world. However for people that do know what trolling is and what the meme represents, the word play along with the imagery would make sense and hopefully drive home the message that trolling is out of order and wrong.







No comments:

Post a Comment